Saturday, February 11, 2006

More Gotham Tales

I'm not going to make it a permanent link, but if you're interested in more stories about the city I love told from a steet-level perspective, may I suggest Mr. Beller's Neighborhood. There is also a printed compilation of city stories from this website that take place before 9/11 and after. In fact it's titled "Before and After: Stories from New York". I have a copy but will not lend it out, so don't ask. If you would like to support a bunch of starving writers and students earning minimum wage while pursuing their dreams in the Big Apple, then may I suggest you check the Strand. If you woud like to support Panno's Tupac habit, then you should pick up a copy for yourself from Amazon.

I submitted a slightly reworked version of Fool for the City: Part 2 to the 'Hood to see if it might get published on the website. We'll see.

BTW: Saw Firewall tonight. Despite the somewhat formulaic plot it's still pretty clever and has some excellent performances. And while Harrison Ford may be showing some of the side-effects of his longevity, I'm happy to report he's still got it.

2 comments:

Marty McKee said...

Did Harry scrunch up his face and say, "Get out of my bank!"

Uncle Larry said...

There was a lot of face scrunching.