Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What a Difference a Day Makes

One morning you wake up CEO, the next morning you wake up VP of Operations. That was how my father succintly described the effect of marriage on guys. Truth is it's been more of a willing abdication instead of a violent coup. At least for me it has. It's been great.

Right now we're in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Laurie's getting ready so I thought I'd post quick while she finishes up. I know, what kind of geek blogs on his honeymoon? Welcome to the Newlywed Game 21st century style. Oh sure we're availing ourselves of the traditional honeymoon amusements (amusement, really), but because we're confessed nerds we have to check e-mail and blog now and then.

Since most of you that read Uncle Lar were at the wedding, I won't go into a huge recap about that. Besides, I'll have some pics up shortly and they'll tell the story better than I could. I will say that it was a far better day than I ever dreamed it would be. The sun was out, my friends were there, Frank was crooning and I had this best looking girl in the room sitting next to me . . . and I was taking her home afterward. Pretty cool.

Looks like Laurie's about ready to go. Today we drive to Boston. We're planning on making a stop in Whitinsville, Mass to check out her old stomping grounds. Tomorrow night one of her old teaching pals, who is now pursuing a doctorate at MIT, is taking us to dinner. I hope he likes to talk about crappy movies because I know nothing about marine biology.

2 comments:

Marty McKee said...

Jerry: Now I should tell you at this point she's under the impression the

you are a.....

George: A what?

Jerry: A marine biologist.

George: A marine biologist....why am I a marine biologist?

Jerry: I may have mentioned it.

George: But I'm not a marine biologist!

Jerry: I'm aware of that.

George: So?

Jerry: You don't think it's a good job.

George: I didn't think it was a job.

Mike said...

You could just mention Jaws. I'm sure every marine biologist enjoys talking about Jaws. Trust me.