Sunday, March 26, 2006

Take That Larry

Once again Chicago has dictated politics for the entire state. For those who’ve ever wondered why we need an electoral college, this is why. If it wasn’t for the electoral college, or more precisely the additional value it gives flyover country, we would have presidents elected almost exclusively by the metroplexes and for the metroplexes. Of course on the brighter side it would spare us the agony of having to listen to ivy league blue bloods, fresh from a week at Martha’s Vineyard with their mistress, opining about “Midwestern values” at a Waffle House in Topeka.

But back to Illinois—I don’t know who I’m going to vote for now. I’m seriously considering voting for Blogojevich. At least he cops to being a Democrat. Dame Judy is a rino (Rebublican In Name Only—what’d you think I meant?). Plus, in all honesty, I can't complain about the job Rodney’s been doing. Sure he’s been implicated in pay-to-play political shenanigans, but who hasn’t? And he hasn’t raised taxes and fees nearly as much as I thought he would. I was also impressed when he stood up to state employee unions and instituted much needed cost reductions. And even if he does end up jacking my taxes sky high, it won’t make me nearly as mad as if Judy did. That’s what democrats do and they don’t pretend they won’t, except on very rare occasions when they think their base isn’t listening.

Enough about politics. Let’s talk home improvements. Our place is really shaping up nice. I took a small foray into electrical work this morning and installed some halogen lamps under the kitchen cabinets. Now we have some much needed light on the counter tops as well as a little warmer ambiance. Laurie batted clean up by neatly concealing and securing the exposed wiring. It looks really good. Expect to be shown this masterpiece of amateur craftsmanship should you visit in the next week or so.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Lowes/Home Depot/Menards will soon become a regular destination for you my friend. I'm pretty sure all the employees at Lowes know me by name. :-)

Anonymous said...

Laurie batted cleanup. Were you the catcher this weekend?

Uncle Larry said...

Nice Panno. Nice.