Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bye Bye Charlie, Bye Bye.

It was with mixed emotions that I handed the keys to N6897C over to its new owner. On the one hand I was happy to have her out of the hangar so we could make room for the new plane. On the other, she was my first plane. I guess like any "first" anything, Niner Seven Charlie will lay permanent claim to a little real estate in my chest.

That said, the farewell flight to the buyer was a good one. I filed for 5000 which put me right at the same altitude as the puffy cumulus that had set sail over central Illinois and Indiana. Zipping along at a not-too-shabby ground speed of 140 kts, I had a ball punching in and out of the clouds. The sensation of speed was exhilihrating. I tried to capture some footage with my little digital camera, but it didn't turn out quite as well as I'd hoped. If you want to see these .mov files anyway, just drop me a line and I'll e-mail them to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

N6897C has found a new home in Naperville Il. (LL10) Come by and visit your old friend.

larryav8r said...

We would love to. I get on Flight Aware every now and then to see what adventures she's had since I sold her. If you ever see an SR20 with N218DF on the tail sitting on the ramp at LL10, that will be me looking you up.