Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas to All

I really didn't want my last post before Christmas to be a political diatribe so here's a quick one. Nothing really special to say other than I wish everyone who reads this a wonderful Christmas. For me it will be a time of fellowship with family and friends. It will also be a time of reflection on all that has transpired in the past year. It has been a very good year and I thank God for it--something I don't do nearly enough.

One more thing. I got an e-mail the other day that was basically a rant about how Christians know not what they celebrate at Christmas. I'm not going to say anything to that except this--while many pagan traditions may well have been tacked on to the pagentry of the holiday, it doesn't change one scintilla what the holiday is about for believers: God's desire to reunite Himself with his creation. It is about the hope we have in Jesus Christ. I know I don't speak out very often about my faith and I hope my non-Christian friends who read this don't take it for preaching. I don't think they will because the vast majority know I'm hardly qualified to. But every now and then I get convicted about my silence and feel prompted to speak up.

Anyway, all I want to say is may God grant us all peace this Christmas--inside and out.

Merry Christmas

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Go rent 'The Beast of War'.

Anonymous said...

No matter whether you believe in God or not, we could certainly use a little peace in the world these days. I hope we can all find it.

Anonymous said...

happy holidays to you. and happy hanukkah to those who don't celebrate christmas.