Monday, July 25, 2005

Just Brutal

A week without Laurie, soaring temperatures, Cheeseburger and Shark Hunter moving away, contentious condo association meetings, property tax payments and masochism (I'm golfing again)--who else wants a beer?

Of course it's not all bad. It looks like my pothead neighbors are moving out and I will soon have vinyl siding on my condo. The siding thing's a mixed blessing, though. It should increase the value of my condo but wasn't free. I'll be stuck paying for it over the next two years or out of the proceeds from the sale of the condo if I move before then. But let's try to focus on the positive, shall we? Like the fact I was able to enjoy a brief respite over the weekend partying with friends at the Panno wedding and spending quality time with Laurie. I even got to shoot a few clays out at Joe and Dar's place. Actually, I shot at clays. My hit percentage was somewhere just south of the current prime interest rate. Sad thing is I think I'm better at trap shooting than golf.

I will be posting pics from the Panno wedding shortly. I've yet to get them off the camera. I'll try to do that tomorrow night. By the way, Laurie, if you're reading have a great day and know I love you. Sorry for the sap folks, but Laurie's in Colorado this week serving as a camp counselor for a bunch of teenage punks. She needs all the encouragement she can get. If you have her e-mail address, drop her a line. She'd love to hear from you.

No comments: