Friday, July 22, 2005

We've Got a Couple of Jumpers!

I'm coming to you from my "field office" in south suburban Chicago. I'm up here staying with Laurie's folks and will be attending Scott and Amanda's wedding later this afternoon. Like everyone else, I wish them both the best and I'm confident they will have it. Scotty's a smart guy and Amanda's even smarter. If any two young people can make a go of it, they can. And if they stay in Seattle, I'm sure they will raise wonderful hippie children. I kid, Scott, I kid.

Seriously, in this era of cynicism about real love and marriage it always does my heart good to see two young people stand up and say, "I do". It's just reassuring to know that there are still people out there who aren't afraid to take risks. Who aren't afraid to dive in despite what the statistics say. After all, statistics only indicate what other people did, not what you are going to do. The future's all yours Mr. and Mrs. Panno.

No comments: